Painting furniture makes for a truly delightful project. Like the fountain of youth, it transforms something old into something new. It's so easy, even beginner DIYers can do it. And giving a piece of furniture a second life is a very eco-friendly move. I hope these beautifully painted pieces inspire you to think twice before kicking Aunt Gretta's dresser to the curb.
Who doesn't enjoy having something new from time to time? If you're DIY inclined, try the quick and easy how-to found in Hot Tip: Modernize Traditional Furniture with Semigloss Paint. If DIY is not your scene, you can still be eco-friendly by supporting artisans who refurbish pre-owned pieces like the ones shown here.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Vintage Petite French Provincial Dresser, $199.00 from Mint Home
2. Vintage Desk In Yummy Yam, $250.00 from Mint Home
3. Vintage Lilac 9-Drawer Dresser with Antique Victorian Hardware - Refurbished, $449.00 from Mi Vida Vintage LA
4. Electric Orangey-Red Scalloped Table, $150.00 from Salvaged Furniture
5. French Country Painted Yellow Garden Porch Bench, $225.00 from Curiosity NC
MORE PAINTED FURNITURE ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Hot Tip: Modernize Traditional Furniture with Semigloss Paint
• Mini Trend Alert: Color Dipped Furniture
(Images: As credited above.)