The runny, drippy colors of watercolor paintings is moving off the walls and onto your furniture! A number of retailers are embracing the messy imperfection and pale colors of watercolor paintings — here are some of my favorites.
1. Luli Watercolor and Water Splash pillow covers - $24 each at West Elm
2. Francine Sofa with Vera reproduction upholstery - $2,998 at Anthropologie
3. Paint Palette Pillows - $34.95 & $39.95 at CB2
4. Juhannustaika Tray $199 at Marimekko Concept Store
5. Streak-Dyed Bowl - $6 each or $20 for set of 4 from Urban Outfitters
6. Two Red Chairs (2007) - Ink and Watercolor on Paper by Bella Foster — look for the work of illustrator Bella Foster when Kate Spade launches their bed and bath collection in Spring 2011!
7. Zebra Safari Watercolor Pillows - $78 each at Williams Sonoma Home
8. Home Away (Study) watercolor painting by Kimia Kline - $350 at UGallery
9. Brushstroke Branches Mural - $498 at Anthropologie (9' x 110" —
covers 76 square feet)
10. Juhannustaika / Mustikkamaa tea towels - $29 (Set of 2) at Marimekko Concept Store
• Tasteful Tie Dye & Dip Dye