If you're lucky enough to have a long break over the holidays, it's a great time to attend to some of those nagging little chores around your home. Perhaps you're going to finally tackle painting that room you've been meaning to, or that squeaky floorboard has been nagging at you long enough. We've got you covered in this list of 15 painting, fixing and repair projects and tips from the past year.
• 1 22 Safety Tips for DIY'ers
• 2 If It's Broke, Fix It! Home Repairs and Tools
• 3 What Makes a Green Plumber, Painter, Electrician?
• 4 12 Great No-VOC and Nontoxic Eco Paints
• 5 10 Ways To Use Up Leftover Paint
• 6 Eco-Friendly and Biodegradable Painting Tools
• 7 DIY Fixes for 5 Common Bathroom Issues
• 8 Hot Tip: How To Keep Your Paint Rollers and Brushes Fresh
• 9 Silence Squeaky Floor Boards In 30 Seconds Flat
• 10 How To Patch Drywall: Easier Than it Looks!
• 11 Is Washing Out Paintbrushes Worth All That Water?
• 12 Learning To Love Caulk: 5 Eco-Friendly Options
• 13 A Non-Toxic Way to Remove Paint from Glass
• 14 Inspiration: Refresh Dining Chairs with COLOR!
• 15 The Fixers: Southern California's Experts of Repair
* * *
Welcome to Re-Nest's end-of-year roundup!
We're making our way through 2010 and rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts. Also on deck during this time: the Re-Nest editors get personal in our "Meet the Team
" series, a special group of guest bloggers share their green resolutions
, and we go big with Green City Guides
, from Montreal to Madison.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)