- They will feel more personally invested in their space and perhaps more likely to take care of it.
- A whole slew of new skills are likely to be discovered -- some loved, some maybe not so much.
- The DIY bug and sense of self-sufficiency at home might grow earlier.
- It's a great sense of accomplishment.
- Painting is more fun if you do it with others.
- Kids might then want to help with this sort of work in other safe home improvement areas.
- It helps loosen the reins on perfection that we adults hold on to often -- no room has to be perfect (especially a kid's room that you're likely to change every few years as s/he grows)
ATVideo of the Day