We really don't follow any hard and fast rules when choosing a lamp to go with a side table. So much of it depends on your personal taste and the way you'll be using the space. We usually find the best ideas by looking at what others have done...
- The angularity of an X-base table in Dominic's apartment is paired with an equally angular wood and white lamp.
- Kevin and Dop paired an industrial-style file cabinet with a traditional silver lamp. The metal finishes tie them together.
- In Terisa and Colin's bedroom, an inlaid wood side table with a marble top looks fantastic with a metal anemone lamp. The rich detail unites contrasting materials.
- The Fahdens keep a dark wood end table by their door. The addition of a white ceramic owl lamp lightens it up.
- Summer and Josh's bronze-colored table is the perfect pedestal for a ceramic lamp with a gold relief pattern.
- In Kathleen and Alex's guest room, a white wicker table corresponds and contrasts with a more modern white ceramic lamp.
- Shauna and Stephen's sense of humor comes across in this vignette of an antique wood side table paired against a glass lamp filled with matches.
- On a modern bent plywood table, a traditional Asian lamp adds color, pattern, and a little bit of contrast.