Paisley isn't anything new. Thought to have originated in India and Pakistan and migrated to Western Europe, it has been used in textiles for centuries. Though it has a rich history, paisley isn't just for museums. It can be right at home in modern design.
Muted and small — or large and in charge, paisley is popping up on everything from accessories to ceilings. Behold the power of paisley!
1. This pop of pink paisley (say that 5 times fast!) would be fantastic in a small space like a closet. Rapture wallpaper, £30 from Harlequin via House to Home
2. A classic settee shape in a sunny yellow paisley - $1,499 at Horchow.
3. I love the unexpected drama of the paisley ceiling. It helps balance the red accents and adds interest. Sketch 42 via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle.
4. Ease into paisley with these elegant paisley peacock pillows. So chic and versatile! Via Indie Art & Design.
5. Add some pop to your office with these cheery task chairs. Paisley Pop Airgo Chairs - $199 at PBTeen.
Images: as linked above