Frazzled. Harried. Hurried. Stressed. Flustered. Vexed. Wind-whipped. Beat. If any of these adjectives apply to you, it's probably time to take a few moments for some self-care. Here are ten recipes that will help you recharge and unwind, most of which can be created without the hassle of an extra trip to the store.
1. Sugar Lip Scrubs from Brit + Co: Using a base of coconut oil and cane sugar, you can make a wide variety of scrubs to keep your lips smooth in even the driest winter weather. Find 6 suggested recipes here.
2. DIY Foot Scrub (Brown Sugar + Baking Soda + Olive Oil) from A+B: A simple exfoliating foot soak to smooth out rough spots.
3. Honey & Lemon Foot Bath from Babble: Apple cider vinegar is known to be muscle relaxant, and honey is a moisture-retaining humectant.
4. How to Make Your Own DIY Foot Spa from Budget Fashionista: There are lots of clever tips here, but I like the idea of using a clean kitty litter box as a foot spa, since it's larger than many bowls, which can cramp the feet.
5. Three-ingredient Peach Facial from How Does She?: A peach, an egg, and some honey are all you need for this tightening and softening facial.
6. Lavender Bedtime Bath Truffles from Spa Week: Plop these easy-to-make balls into a warm bath for a relaxing, calming soak.
7. DIY Rose Body Scrub from Lark & Linen: An all-natural, floral-scented scrub made with a base of sea salt and coconut oil.
8. Shampoo Your Hair with Beer for a Silky, Soft Shine from Lifehacker: The title says it all, but follow the link for more on the "why" and "how."
9. Detox, Soften, and Soak Scrub from Camp Wander: With only two ingredients, you'll be softened and soothed in no time!
10. Oatmeal Soak from Feathers and Freckles: In the words of Megan, the blogger behind Feathers and Freckles, "This soak takes less than 5 minutes to make, costs less than $1, and leaves you smelling like a Cinnabon."