The ribbon was cut yesterday on the High Line Phase Two, the second stretch of parkland built on Manhattan's abandoned elevated railroad tracks. Architizer writes, "Due to its overwhelming popularity and appeal, the park has, as some have pointed out, become more than a dynamic urban project — it's become a brand, and one with remarkable influence in shaping the future of Manhattan's real estate and elsewhere." Links and more news below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• The High Line II Is Now Open! | Architizer
• Phase II of the High Line Now Open! | Gothamist
• High Line, Phase 2 is Now Open | The Huffington Post
• Pantone Introduces 175 New Colors for Designers | Editor at Large
• Design Miami Preview: The Art of Recycling | The New York Times
Photo: Jake Dobkin | Gothamist