After a recent discussion with a friend about using Honeysuckle (Pantone's official Color of 2011) as an accent color in an otherwise minimal/masculine interior, I decided to go back through the archives and pick up some inspiration on how House Tour participants have been using this shade of pink all along.
I love the color most as an accent countered with plenty of neutrals. I also noticed that throughout the House Tours, the color was most successful used in small doses — repainting a piece of furniture, painting an accent wall, used as a pillow, a peek of it in some bedding, wrapped around books in a bookshelf. It adds just the right amount of color without becoming overpowering.
• Dave's Comfortably Eclectic House
• Caitlin's Art Deco with Parisian Flair
• Caroline's Pint Sized Whimsy on a Budget
• Philip and Leong's Live Work City Space
• Christine and Vijay's Charming Urban Farmhouse
Images: as linked above