After a recent discussion with a friend about using Honeysuckle (Pantone's official Color of 2011) as an accent color in an otherwise minimal/masculine interior, I decided to go back through the archives and pick up some inspiration on how House Tour participants have been using this shade of pink all along.I love the color most as an accent countered with plenty of neutrals. I also noticed that throughout the House Tours, the color was most successful used in small doses — repainting a piece of furniture, painting an accent wall, used as a pillow, a peek of it in some bedding, wrapped around books in a bookshelf. It adds just the right amount of color without becoming overpowering.
• Dave's Comfortably Eclectic House
• Caitlin's Art Deco with Parisian Flair
• Caroline's Pint Sized Whimsy on a Budget
• Philip and Leong's Live Work City Space
• Christine and Vijay's Charming Urban Farmhouse
Images: as linked above