Here's one more to add to the list of summer party decorations that can be used throughout your home long after the music has ended. Like the paper blossoms, origami cranes are an easy way to add whimsy to a party or room without breaking the bank. Check out some favorite applications as well as how-to instructions after the jump.
• This set of dangling cranes hails from the artsy abode of Cheri Messerli and David Rager, featured in The Selby. Hanging about their dining room table, the white, playful creation is a fun counterpoint to the exposed walls and duct work.
• We've featured Corriette Schoenaerts paper cranes before, and we still love the modern effect that the red flock has in the all white room, as well as the elegant shape in which the flock is arranged.
• Strands of multicolor cranes hang over the bed in Caroline's Vintage Collaboration, featured on Ohdeedoh.
• You may remember this one from the house tour of Blythe Urban Gypsy Inspired Abode. The simple strand of cranes adds to the vibrant informality of Blythe's lovely home.
• Serena & Lily is one of my favorite's, as much for their styling as for their products. The suspended branch adds a nice, earthy weight to the whimsical flock of delicate cranes.
• Your how-to, as featured on the 500 Days of Summer blog.