below the jump.
- Simple Mom has some great tips for packing light with small children. (In a nutshell: you need less stuff than you think.)
- Did you know that kids get fed first on British Airways? Or that you can arrange pre-flight cockpit tours on Southwest? Daily Candy lists some airlines that provide special services for children and families.
- More first-hand tips on flying with kids at Daddy Types. (Note: Paying extra for first class might not pay off in the end.)
- Back on the ground, there are many family camping hacks over on Parent Hacks. Our favorites: bring a jumper seat for crawling babies, repurpose old toys into "new" camping toys, and how to choose the best campsite for kids. (See their full archive of camping hacks.
- And because we live in the perpetual hope that just the right piece of gear will ease all our troubles, here are two excellent roundups: essential travel items and camping must-haves at Mighty Junior.
Got some tips or links to share? Let us know in the comments.