Patio furniture has come a long way, baby—far, oh so far, from its rickety, rusted-steel rap. Emergent designers and mass-market retailers alike have beefed up their outdoor collections, finally giving our al fresco spaces the attention they deserve. Have a hankering to host a twilit dinner party filled with fab friends and even-more-fab wine? Our roundup of durable, weather-resistant and eco-friendly outdoor tables—from dining to coffee to side—has got you covered.
(Shown above the jump, from left to right)
1. The Talt Table from Modern Outdoor (from $1,799) is available in ITTO-/IBAMA-certified ipe, a Brazilian hardwood, or 100-percent-recyclable polyboard, available in black, gray or white finishes. Frames are either powder-coated or stainless steel.
2. Made entirely of recycled plastic milk jugs, the Go Collection Coffee Table by Loll ($459), and sold through Design Within Reach, is available in seven bold hues. Added bonus: Loll sends 90 percent of its manufacturing waste to a recycling plant.
3. Sharp diagonals define Acronym Designs' Fundament Dining Table ($2,400), made of reclaimed oak and low-VOC glues and finishes.
4. The Eucalyptus Fretwork Black Outdoor Coffee Table ($150) is crafted from sustainably harvested eucalyptus grandis, a tall tree with smooth bark.
5. Stonecrest Furniture's Euro 36" Square Dining Table ($400) is made of PolyWood, a recyclable substance made from recycled plastic. The lime top (shown) is but one of a dozen cheery color options.
6. Sleek and sculptural, the A1 Biwing Table by Reform ($857) is made from a single sheet of 100 percent recyclable aluminum. No hardware or adhesives keep the Modernist piece material efficient.
7. Cabana Banana's Honey Round Drum Accent Table ($260) is a rustic, functional piece made of 100 percent woven banana leaves. A piece of tempered glass (5mm thick) is the perfect perch for a tropical cocktail.
8. The Recycled Plastic Bench Table from Decora Style ($918) is made of a recycled-plastic slatted tabletop set on a durable steel frame.