I'm actually writing this post while sitting at this yellow West Elm Parsons Desk. I picked mine up on Craigslist for half the retail value.
The Parsons desk is a perennial favorite here at Apartment Therapy. Is there any wonder? The versatile Parsons can be used as a desk, dining table or even console table — and all in one space! — and the clean lines of the design are timeless. We've rounded up 12 Parsons tables in varying styles and price points, including a build-it-yourself version.
As we learned from Anna's Retrospect post on the subject last year, the Parsons table was created in a furniture design class at the Paris campus of the Parsons School of Art and Design in the 1930s — and its been going strong ever since.
• I'm actually writing this post while sitting at the yellow West Elm Parsons Desk pictured above. I picked mine up on Craigslist for half the retail value.
• West Elm Parsons Desk with Drawers, $349
• Container Store Parsons Desk, $199
• All Modern Hokku Designs Parson Office Desk with Drawer, $418.99
• Crate & Barrel Parsons Reclaimed Wood Top, $1129
• Home Decorators Collection Parsons Desk, $124.99
• House Eclectic Chubby Parsons Desk, $495
• Mike's MCM WHITE LACQUERED SOLID WOOD PARSONS DESK, $2499
• Overstock Student Desk White, $144.99
• Room & Board Parsons Console Table/Desk, $699
• Wayfair Avenue Six Plaza Desk, $178.99
• BarnWoodFurniture Reclaimed Wood Parsons Table, $795
• Ana White DIY Parsons Desk Instructions
Images: As credited above.