Hosting a kids' birthday party at your house can be more trouble than you expect. With a party venue, there's no need to clean the house before (or after!), and you can be sure guests won't overstay their welcome. We've rounded up 10 fantastic party venues in Los Angeles where kids can have a blast and parents can relax.
1. The Coop: A smaller venue in Studio City, the Coop has lots of party themes to choose from, or decide on your own. There are climbing structures, a twisty slide, a ball pit, and digital dodgeball. The patio provides a quiet place for adults to mingle and eat.
2. Giggles 'n Hugs: With two locations and a third on the way, there's bound to be a Giggles 'n Hugs close to you. They serve healthy foods and have lots of add on options, like DJs, puppy or kitten play time, or a balloon artist. You can even provide drink tickets for the adults.
3. Castle Park: For some good old fashioned fun, try Castle Park in Sherman Oaks for arcade games, miniature golf, and batting cages.
4. Fairies and Dragons: If you're looking for a fairy tale party, this spot in Encino is the place to be. A small space, but packed with dress up clothes for princesses, princes, pirates and mermaids. Hosts will do face painting, nails, or hair designs for kids.
5. Pump It Up: Want your kids to be tired after their party? Head over to Pump It Up, where several rooms full of bounce houses, huge inflatable slides, and various other obstacles will wear your guests out.
6. Star Eco Station: For budding ecologists, veterinarians, or zoologists, Star Eco Station offers parties with hands-on experiences with reptiles, big cats, or birds. The facility rescues exotic animals, and parties come with a tour of the facility and an educational component.
7. American Girl Place at The Grove: If you haven't gotten enough American Girl at the doll hair salon, sign yourself up for a party! Events are held at the Cafe and include a meal, pink-and-white cake and ice cream, and doll tiaras for everyone!
8. Sky High Sports: This indoor trampoline park will keep your kids flying all day. Jump on myriad trampolines, soar into a foam-filled pit, or play dodgeball against friends. All guests must sign liability waivers.
9. Pinz Bowling Center: Don your bowling shoes and get ready to roll! Kids' parties at Pinz include food from Jerry's Deli next door and bumpers for gutters if the kids need them.
10. UltraZone Laser Tag: Located on the second floor of a strip mall in Sherman Oaks, this spot is tucked away but always popular. Parties include your own party room for a meal and cake, access to the arcade (although game tokens are on you), and two laser tag games in their large arena.
Do you have a favorite party venue in L.A.? Let us know in the comments!
(Images: 1-5 & 10 as linked above; 6. STAR Education; 7. Flickr user Sherry's Rose Cottage licensed for use under Creative Commons; 9. Pinz Facebook)