Pasadena is alive with activity this weekend for those interested in LA's genteel neighbor's rich architectural and design history. There's really too much to list, but here are some of the events occurring this weekend for their 15th annual Pasadena Heritage's Craftsman Weekend:
- • The Craftsman Weekend House Tour highlights six period homes from the Craftsman era.
• Opening Reception at the Pacific Asia Museum (the Grace Nicholson Building, designed by renowned architects Marston, Van Pelt and Maybury in 1924).
• Furnishings & Decorative Arts Show and Sale (Sat. October 21-22)
• A bus tour out to The Arts and Crafts Movement in Ventura.
• Greene & Greene Tour
• Walking tours of bungalows, Busch Gardens and Magnolia Avenue.
• Workshop lectures and book signing, such as George Washington Did NOT Sleep Here: How to Research the History of a Housewith author Tim Gregory, The Building Biographer and Along Bungalow Lines: Creating An Arts & Crafts Home with Paul Duchscherer.
• Tour the Fenyes Mansion, an 18-room Beaux Arts home celebrating its centennial birthday.