Patchwork may not seem like the most modern of materials at first glance, but it can actually work really well in a contemporary home. The products and projects shown above and linked below all take a creative approach to incorporating patchwork. Some are more traditional than others, but they're all pretty DIYable for anyone with basic sewing skills. Even if you've never picked up a needle, don't worry; the ideas in photos #3 and #4 are completely no-sew!
Small doses of pieced-together patterns can bring just the right amount of coziness and charm. It also helps if you start thinking of patchwork as something that goes beyond quilts. Click through the links below for more info...
• 1 Patchwork cushions from pinsandthimbles, $40
• 2 How To: Make a Patchwork Pet Bed
• 3 DIY doormat using FLOR carpet samples
• 4 B's handmade textile rack
• 5 Patchwork tabletop from the Purl Bee
Photos: pinsandthimbles, Jenny Ryan, Purl Bee, Wes & Kayla Schwartz, Sarah Coffey