Queen, for a day. From Lady Stark to dragon-rearing silver-haired beauties, bawdy dames and ladies in waiting, the women of Westeros and beyond the Wall are no Disney Princesses. They're strong, exotic, armored and sexy. Who wouldn't love a room where any of these women would feel at home, plotting their next move and making those silly kings feel like they wear the crowns in the family?
The visually rich Game of Thrones (written word or DVR'd episode) provides an unending source of design inspiration… classic castles, exotic Qarth, red sands and limestone walls, firelight and wild fire. That rich mix (inspired by history but never a slave to it, pulling from Celtic, Norse, Byzantine, Persian and other global wanderings) is also the best way to assemble a room: masculine, feminine, a mix of woods and influences, a touch of glitter (armor or gold). And there's a range of pieces, available now to create your own very own castle and still stay current.
1. Studded Shelter Sofa, Saladino Style
2. Wainscott Armchair, Blackman Cruz
3. William on Mary (oh my!) Chest on Stand, McAlpine Home for MacRae
4. Spanish Parcel Gilt Coffre, Therien & Co
5. Passepartout Valet, Currey & Company
6. Souk Side Table, Currey & Company
7. Marais Rug, NIBA Rugs
8. Giltspur Chandelier, Currey & Company
9. Lion Head, Mortise & Tenon
10. Webbed Back Chair, Lee Industries
And visit the King's Chamber, more Game of Thrones inspiration from earlier this week.
(Images: as credited above)