Stripes, patterns and papers aren't a new design trend in nurseries — at least since Jenna Lyons painted her nursery ceiling striped yellow
— but these 10 patterned and papered nurseries are spaces my husband and I found inspiring as we scoured color choices and décor options for the 100-square-foot room we're transforming for our little one's upcoming arrival.The spaces featured here — more details at the links below — exhibit everything from bold, transformative wall paper to sunny accenting stripes to lightly-patterend paper that simply adds dimension to any child's room without overwhelming an intended serene space (see number 7). Each space is unique in its own way but all are adult and design-friendly!
1. Lille Maison
2. Buy Modern Baby
3. Rue Magazine
4. Elizabeth Sullivan Design
6. Dwell Studio's The Studio Blog
7. Apartment Therapy post Oliver's Craft Crib
8. decor pad
9. Apartment Therapy post My Room: Noah
10. Nursery Notations
Join me as I transform a 100 sq. ft. room into a cozy, eco-friendly nursery.
Nesting a Nursery series:
• Designing Our Baby's Room from Scratch
• My Nursery Planning Tools
• What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves?
• Using Online Inspiration To Help Define Your Nursery Style
• What Are Your Best Tips for Nursery Organization?
• Inspirations & Samples: A Modern Nursery
• Is a Rocker or Glider a Nursery Necessity?
• Horse Before the Cart: Start Your Nursery Design with Space Planning