Gingham. These distinctive checks are popping up everywhere, even in interiors that are decidedly non-country. Big checks feel bold and graphic; smaller patterns have a springtime freshness to them. Gingham is especially versatile, too — pair it with florals for a quirky, unexpected look, or use it to lighten up a dramatic interior.
1. Gingham — surprisingly perfect in a manly living room from Rue.
2. A bold gingham brings an ornate chair down to earth. Patricia Kantzos via Style Me Pretty.
3. Gingham! And an oriental rug! And a suzani! It's pattern on pattern on pattern. Wallpaper from Juffies Warehouse.
4. Lavender and navy is one of my favorite color combos. Lavender and navy gingham takes it to a whole new level. Home of Katie Armour, as seen in Matchbook Magazine.
5. Or try gingham on gingham on gingham. The same pattern, repeated over and over in bold black, has a lovely richness. Vogue Living Australia via Habitually Chic.
6. Gingham and florals is a winning combination. A light color and a small pattern make this gingham airy and delicate. Better Homes and Gardens via Apartment Therapy.
7. A small-scale gingham is fresh and unexpected paired with a riot of patterns, as seen on Skona Hem.
8. A riot of gingham from The Selby.
9. A big gingham boldens up a mid-century sofa, as seen on DesignAddict.
10. A big, bold painted gingham wall from Southern Living, via Apartment Therapy.
11. Gingham goes manly at Chris and Roger's modern farmhouse.
12. I like this room because it's a little bit country, but still pairs gingham with florals in a way that's fresh and unexpected. From Knight Frank via Redesigning Sarah. (Love this room? This Tuscan farmhouse is for sale, for a cool 2.5 million euros.)
13. A gingham quilt from Crafty Blossom.
14. Gingham in the modern mix, as seen on Desire to Inspire.
15. Gingham and stripes — a bold combo that works. From New England Home.
(Images: as linked above)