Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Utrecht The Netherlands
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that it's situated in a cozy, multicultural 1930's neighborhood, close to the city center but still in a quiet street. I love having a little garden of my own for the first time. I love having different corners in the living room - it's not a boring rectangle shaped box apartment like the one I used to live in (I moved here 6 months ago). I love the turquoise paint I recently chose for part of the living room. I love all my vintage flea market/thrift store/online finds, and that almost nothing in my home is new.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Only keep items you really love. In a small home, there's really no space for ugly stuff you don't really like. You'll be looking at most of your belongings most of the time, so make it something you enjoy looking at (also see #2).
2. Create extra storage places that aren't just functional but that also look good, like pretty boxes, old leather suitcases, or decorative hollow poufs. That way you can hide stuff in plain sight and it still looks nice.
3. Be tidy! Just a few items laying around can make my home look so cramped, cluttered and small. And always make your bed so you can keep the bedroom door open to visually create more space.
See all entries