Recycling stations don't have to be ugly. These sorting areas from Crown Paint (left) and Martha Stewart (right) are outfitted with pegboard and basic recycling supplies, adding some color and creativity to an otherwise mundane corner of the kitchen. There are a few good reasons to use pegboard as a backdrop for recycling...
• Pegboard differentiates the recycling area and adds texture and color.
• With pegboard, recycling bins can be hung from the wall.
• Useful tools such as scissors and bin liners can be stored on hooks.
• Paint the pegboard with a coat of semigloss or gloss for ease of cleaning.
• Additional kitchen supplies can be hung above the recycling bins.
posted originally from: AT:Chicago