We've noticed a trend lately in the way magazines and catalogs are styling bedrooms. Pendant lights with drum shades above the bed are popular...
• The large shape of the drum shade balances the width of the bed.
• The light fixture creates a focal point overhead, anchoring the room.
• The simple, classic shade goes well with a broad range of decor.
• The shade diffuses light evenly across the room.
• It's a more modern alternative to an opulent light fixture like a chandelier.
What do you think? Are drum shades the new chandeliers, or is this look a little too blah?