I've been obsessed lately with the idea of pausing a moment or two before jumping into the day. Before opening the laptop or getting ready for work, before taking care of kids or pets, taking a moment for yourself to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, sink into a favorite chair, and overlook the beautiful home you've worked so hard to create.
It could be a perfect chair on your porch you enjoy with your coffee. Or it could be a breakfast nook table and chairs that are a delight to eat a little breakfast over. The point is, it's worth treating one special spot in your home as your morning ritual pause place — to help you start the day off right, or as place to come back to if the day's going wrong. Each person must define for themselves the perfect pause spot — preferably cozy and maybe even with a bit of a view of nature. We found several inspiring areas in recent Apartment Therapy house tours that would be perfect pause spots:
1) Wood-wrapped and tiny in Christopher & Merete's Truly Tiny Home on the Range
2) Bright and white in Tyler's Bright Bungalow in Silver Lake
3) Vintage and Charming in Rachel's Sweet Life
4) Bold on a Boat in Tracy & Marty's "Retro Metro" House Boat
5) Creamy neutral and collected in Chris & Jenna's Collection in the Castro
6) Tucked away modern in Jamie's Something Old, Something New
7) Patterned patio in Robert & Hannah's 'Casa Eclectic'
8) Mod and artsy in Amber's Art-Filled Austin Apartment
9) Shared with a bike in Jessica & Jonathan's 'Like-Eich' Ranch
10) Glamorous in Kristina & Tyler's Whitley Heights Home
Do you have a spot in your home you use to pause in each morning? Or perhaps unwind in after a long day, free from distractions? What does it look like? Describe it for us in the comments.
(Images: As credited above)