With the cooler weather and holiday spirit, we're in prime dinner party season. It's much cozier to stay in, share some drinks and good moments with friends, and save some pennies. There's a lot of thought that goes into a dinner party, so if you're looking to save a little time, here's a readymade playlist that will allow you to forget mixing songs and get back to mixing drinks.
The perfect dinner party mix should be upbeat but not overstimulating, and the vocals shouldn't distract guests from conversation. With this in mind, these twenty-one tunes should put you well on the way to having a good dinner gathering. Hopefully there's a little something in here for everyone: new, old, electronic, rock, folk, French, Spanish, English, dancy, calm, and a dash of the blues and soul to round out the evening.
Here's a link to the full list on Spotify, and you can find a tracklist and links to individual songs below.
1. Paolo Nutini—New Shoes
2. The Replacements—I Will Dare
3. Say Hi—Dots on Maps
4. Atlas Genius—Trojans
5. Camelia Jordana—C'est moi
6. Cat Power—Ruin
7. Luisa Maita—Lero-Lero
8. Ganglians—That's What I Want
9. Lord Huron—Ends of the Earth
10. Little Comets—Jennifer
11. Cut Copy—Need You Now
12. LCD Soundsystem—Someone Great
13. The War on Drugs—Best Night
14. We Are Augustines—Chapel Song
15. Heartless Bastards— Only For You
16. The Donkeys—Don't Know Who We Are
17. Mélanie Pain—Ignore-moi
18. Jean Knight—You Think You're Hot Stuff
19. R. Dean Taylor—Indiana Wants Me
20. Elmore James—Sho' Nuff I Do
21. Joe Tex—The Love You Save (May Be Your Own)