Welcome to Michelle, a blogger trying out for a place on the Re-Nest editorial team. Enjoy!
Turfstone Permeable Concrete Pavers
If you own your own home, the idea of installing a new driveway sounds rather daunting (and expensive!). There is certainly enough hardscape and concrete in our cities as it is, but what are the best solutions? There are many solutions available, but many of them can be very expensive. Being environmentally conscious and frugal shouldn't be mutually exclusive! Here are 5 alternatives to the average poured concrete driveway to help both your pocketbook and the planet.Shown above the jump, from left to right:
1. Larkspur Garden Design uses recycled brick and broken concrete discards to create a one-of-a-kind driveway.
2. For approximately $2.50/square foot, you can install Turfstone Permeable Concrete Pavers for your driveway.
3. This recycled broken concrete driveway takes upcycling to the next level.
4. If you want to recycle your own existing concrete driveway, try sprucing it up by slicing it up all for the cost of renting a power saw.
5. In Los Angeles we've been having a lot of earthquakes lately. Here is a way to put your broken pottery and dishes to good use.