When you think of changing up your bedroom what usually springs to mind? Painting the walls, changing the duvet, buying a new set of sheets or a new rug, new night tables or new lamps are great ideas but, often, just a tad more than you were thinking of spending. What about a change that has a lot less impact on your budget but a whole lot more impact on your space? For that, consider changing out the arrangement of pictures on the wall above your bed and swapping out (or adding) decorative pillows to give your bedroom a whole new look. Here, we've rounded up some examples from our house tours for inspiration.
- Cameron & Matt's Bright and Chic Modern: These three prints tie together the bright wall with the neutral bedding. Take a cue from the wall your own bed sits against to inspire your pillow and picture combo.
- Amanda's New Zealand Style Family Home: A lively arrangement of black and white photos is echoed in the graphic pillows. Cue this as inspiration if your bedroom walls are white. Turning colour photos into black and white prints is easy to do on most computer photo programs.
- Anne and Chris's Light Filled Modern: White walls and neutral bedding are a wonderfully blank canvas for this lively painting and pillows.
- Paul and Tyra's Eclectic Charmer: Forego the pictures-above-the-bed look altogether and have fun with streamers, a curtain of twinkling holiday lights or a garland. How about summer postcards pinned to ribbons in a rainbow of colours hanging from the ceiling? Wrap some pillows Japanese gift wrap style using scarves, pashminas, or dishtowels.
- Bryan's Fashionable Statement: Who says your over-the-bed-arrangement has to be pictures? Be bold, be graphic, be imaginative, have fun!