Name: Little Pilot
Location: Toronto, Canada
We moved into a Mid-Century ranch when Little Pilot was around six-months-old. This new house gave us the opportunity to redesign his nursery in the vintage-modern style we were craving. We put a lot of DIY elbow grease into his room and are thrilled with the result.
The color scheme came from the bedding I received as a gift while expecting Little Pilot. I made the graphic curtains from shower curtains. My husband and I built the bookshelf on the day that I went into labor. The chalkboard 'S' above the crib was made from a children's table top. We are also avid yard-salers/thrifters and were able to incorporate vintage toys and artwork that I love.
Overall, I think Little Pilot's room is easily a favorite in our house. Little Pilot loves playing and reading books in his room (sometimes even climbing that bookshelf!), which, I think, means he likes it!
- Crib & dresser: Nursery Works
- Rocker: Monte
- Bedding: Dwell Studio (sheets, crib skirt), IKEA (striped duvet cover), Hand Knits (yellow blanket and multi-colored square blanket on rocker)
- Curtains: Dwell Studio shower curtains with white fabric from IKEA
- Bookshelf: built from plans adapted from Ana White
- Mobile: Aarika (from Finland)
- Light fixture: IKEA
- Bunny shelf & various artwork: Vintage, DIY & personal photos
Thanks, Anu! Readers, you can see more of Anu at her blog, Nalle's House.
(Images: Anu/Nalle's House)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE