We love the colors of Fall - the leaves changing colors, gorgeous sunsets and the new crop of colorful shoes and boots that hit the sales floor. Unfortunately, our own very small closet-for-two is packed and shoe storage is limited. Apartment Therapy has posted some very functional + stylish shoe storage ideas in the past so we checked out a few. Check out these 5 places to place your shoes after the jump.
1) Stacked storage boxesWe definitely like this idea of very organized boxes in stacked rows - either with clear boxes to quickly see the shoe we want or taking polaroids and placing them on the outside of the box. We do have some space on the top shelf. The clear boot boxes may be the winner here. And investing in a neat step stool will make this shoe storage idea easy.
2) Modular shelf unitsWe certainly like this idea for storing our shoes - a shelf with multiple spaces to place shoes. Ranging in various shapes and sizes, we could create the space on the floor of our closet (although our bottom row of clothes may be in the way?) or try the top of the closet.
3) Storage bagsThis Bamboo Storage set is another great way to store shoes, like flats and heels or shoes. We currently have one on the inside of our closet door and strongly prefer the fabric style.
4) In your homeIf you have an extra niche or two, you can consider placing your shoes within your space. Check out Gregory & Emily's entry stairway. They've created a functional storage solution here for their shoes.
5) Bookcase (the affordable + non-committal built-in)We could make some more room in our hallway closet - the 2nd of 2 closets - and add a narrow tall bookcase. This would give ample space to store and stack shoes and boots plus give it a cool, built-in feel without the standard renter's dilemma of changing physical attributes to the apartment. Ikea's Billy bookcase is affordable and comes in various sizes. Of course if you own, building a functioning and space maximizing closet could be some of the best money you spend.
[Title photo by O!Rachew! from Apartment Therapy LA's Flickr pool]
Check out more organizing ideas from Apartment Therapy here:
ATVideo of the Day