Wardrobes are hefty pieces of furniture, but they can also be real workhorses in an apartment that lacks closet space. Beyond the bedroom, they can provide much-needed storage in living rooms, dining rooms, entryways, and more...
• 1 This home by Thad Hayes uses a wardrobe-style cabinet for living room storage.
• 2 In Amy's home, a wardrobe fills in for a bedroom closet.
• 3 Christy and John's entryway has a wardrobe for coat storage.
• 4 Rachel refinished a wardrobe/locker for her craft room.
• 5 Ned's Cottage from Inspace offers another example of an entryway wardrobe.
• Use one in the dining room in place of a buffet.
• Outfit a wardrobe with shelves and use it to hide a home office.
• In a media room, a wardrobe can hide a TV and stereo.
• A wardrobe in a hallway or landing area can serve as a linen closet.
• Use a set of wardrobes as a room divider with built-in storage.