Those of you who followed along with my liveblogging of the January Cure may be surprised to learn I have a three-season porch. Nowhere in any of my posts was it mentioned, because it's sadder than even my corner kitchen cabinet. It's always been a clutter magnet, and now I'm ready to reclaim it as a functional and pretty space for growing herbs and entertaining.
The utility closet off of the porch is filled with remnants of roommates past, which, once it's cleared out, will easily be able to store the brooms and Swiffer, rolling bins of cat food and litter, as well as the odds and ends that make the cut. When the project is done, I promise before and after photos, but now it's all just too real.
The porch gets a ton of sunlight in the morning, and I use it as a makeshift photo studio when I need to shoot DIY projects or recipes. An extendable table can fold down if I need to shoot on the floor, or open up when I have guests over.
I'm also looking to test out the greenness of my thumb with some potted herbs and plants. If it all works out, maybe I'll start collaging a backyard (yes, another thing I'm hiding) garden for next year!
- PS 2012 table, IKEA, $179
- Happy Yellow Stripe Indoor/Outdoor rug, Dash & Albert, $88
- Bend Dining chair, West Elm, sale $211
- Retro Orange bench, Overstock, $164.99
- PS 2012 plant stand, IKEA, $39.99
- Bag planter, West Elm, sale $31
- Smith & Hawken Metal Cage string lights, Target, $24.99
- Warm Chevron Outdoor throw pillow, World Market, $26.99
- Aqua Bird Ceramic Drink Dispenser, World Market, $29.99
- Lava Drizzle vase, Anthropologie, $8
- Vaso planters, CB2, from $9.95
(Images: as linked above)