That's why these plant finds today are about the wild and wacky side of plants. These finds are relatively kid-friendly - though obviously not for the very young! Whether you go ini or maxi, dry or wet, these green plants will bring some wonder to your child's view of nature.
- Purple Oxalis - These Shamrocks close their leaves tight at nighttime, and open again every morning. It's super fascinating for kids to see them "sleeping".
- Giraffe Planter with Air Plant - Air Plants need regular misting, and a dunk in a bowl of water once in awhile. That makes them an easy first plant for kids to care for.
- Mimosa Pudica or Sensitive Plant (Seeds) - These leaves love to be tickled, closing up whenever they're touched. I still remember my first experience with this plalnt when I was a child.
- Marimo Japnese Moss Ball - I just got my own Marimo moss ball and it's so cute. They float to get near the light, and live entirely under water. Just change the water every 1-2 weeks.
- Mammoth Sunflowers Sunflower House - Make a fort with sunflowers! What kid wouldn't love a fort of their very own?
- Tiny Terrarium - Cactus - Easy to water, and ready to carry with you at a moment's notice. These are simply adorable.
(Images as linked above.)