Image of one of Martha Stewart's vegetable gardens
A DIY project as we look forward to spring, a beautiful new Chinese garden, The Germinatrix's dud egg, and Martha's veggie garden start...
- Martha's aerial garden views(above) look like works of art. This article is from the March Gardening Issue, and she shares the secrets of how she makes her vegetable garden grow along with beautiful pics.
- Organic Gardening has a project to contemplate for anyone wanting to grow fresh veggies with limited outdoor space. They also have a link to the plans, which are free to download as a PDF at this link.
- Even the Germinatrix can have a bad gardening day. She recounts being dissed by the Eggling - I would love to try one of these.
- An enchanting slideshow of the Chinese garden at the Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, (photos by Annie Wells). These lotus pods, above, are the only hint of winter in this garden. I would love to hop on a plane right now!
- Flowerchat has a series of posts that discuss ordering flowers and not getting quite what you expected. The posts aim to avoid disappointment when ordering flowers online.
- A call for entries! The American Society of Landscape Architects 2008 Awards has both professional and student categories. Via Garden Design Magazine.
matt at apartment therapy dot com