In honor of the historic marriage equality cases being put before the Supreme Court this week, I've gathered a few same-sex couple-inspired home goods. Now, bear with me, because as with any theme (baseball, Mother's Day, fireworks), there's a lot of cheese you have to wade through to get to the good stuff. I've found a few cool things, but would love to have your contributions!
- I love sassy china, so these hers & hers altered vintage plates by Geek Details are right up my alley. And they're on sale!
- This sweet mixed-media piece from Modulem features tiny leather-bound books and "His & His" written in French. Tasteful!
- I also love new Art Nouveau prints, including this one by Artby Taiche. I especially enjoy the way the hair resembles Celtic designs.
- And you know I'm a fan of paperdolls like this set from Dubrovskaya, even though it doesn't come with any fun outfits to dress the girls up in.
- Dignidad Rebelde carries this powerful print by Melanie Cervantes, a portrait of Chavela Vargas. Ms. Cervantes writes, "Chavela Vargas is a Mexican legend of rancheras and for my abuelita she was her siren of choice. Born in Costa Rica, but claimed by most Mexicans, she has been openly lesbian and is even known to have had a relationship with artist Frida Kahlo. Chavela once said: 'I didn't attend lesbian classes. No one taught me to be this way. I was born this way, from the moment I opened my eyes in this world. I've never been to bed with a man. Never. That's how pure I am; I have nothing to be ashamed of. My gods made me the way I am.'"
- I'm not sure how I feel about this screenprinted pillow from Fabularium. Too simplistic? Simple but cute?
- Finally, Luvin' Every Minute creates custom wedding invitations, birth announcements, and prints featuring little matryoshka families! Have I mentioned how much I love matryoshkas? Oh, I have?
Please add your favorites to the list: things you'd love to give or receive. Cheers!
(Images: as linked above)