One of the best surfaces to indulge your kids' creativity lies right beneath their feet — their floor, of course! Perfect for short-term use (change them out as your kids grow and develop new interests) and for renters (add color without touching a paintbrush), rugs are the perfect way to add some color and personality to a room. Here are ten fun rugs to enliven any kids' space. 1. This cheerful rug from Rosenberry Rooms gives a playful spin on geography.
2. A horizontal dollhouse! I love the idea of kids being able to spread out with their characters and inhabit different rooms; from RugSmart.
3. Just because it's frigid outside doesn't mean things can't be blooming inside — I picture all sorts of animals frolicking on this rug from Wayfair.
4. It's Coney Island! On a rug! There's so much to see in this busy, busy depiction of one of the coolest places around; from amazon.com.
5. I love the simplicity of the creatures in this animal rug from Target.
6. This hopscotch rug from CB2 rocks — revive a favorite outdoor pastime, anytime!
7. Everything is so orderly in this tiny town rug from Schoolhouse Outfitters.
8. Let your little ones escape into the woodland with this forest rug from Ikea.
9. Explore the deep with this ocean rug from selectrugs.com.
10. Your little one will become familiar with numbers and letters with this Back to School rug from Rosenberry Rooms.
(Images: as credited above)