Video game commercials always makes gaming seem so "active", likely an attempt by the industry to disprove the myth gamers are lazy and inactive. It would be one thing if every game was a fitness oriented title, but the truth is one of the first things most Wii owners do is figure out how to bowl while sitting down. Here's an amusing infographic illustrating this point...
This infographic from The Daily LOL sums it up nicely:
I'll admit it. I tend to look a whole lot more like the right column. Except when it comes to Dance, Dance Revolution. Never quite figured out how to play that one sitting down.
Do you play games the "right" way? What are the worst offenders in gaming?
A few posts in our archives belonging in the left column up above:
- Personal Training at Home: Nike+ Kinect Training
- Week One: Getting Setup and Dance Central
- Week Two: Kinect Sports
- Week Three: The Biggest Loser
- Week Four: EA Sports Active 2
- Week Five: Your Shape Fitness Evolved
- Week Six: Hitting the Wall
- Week Seven: Calorie Challenge
- Week Eight: Powerful 10 Minute Workouts
- Week Nine: Holiday Game Preview
- Week Ten: Benefits of Barefoot Exercise
- Week Eleven: Active Gaming for Kids
- Xbox 360 Kinect vs Gym Workouts