Triangles have been hot for a while now, but it seems like there's a new geometric shape du jour — the polyhedron. These 5 home goods make the most of the futuristic 3D shape and show just why it's appearing everywhere.
Of course, it's best to use geometric shapes sparingly — go overboard and your home might end up looking like an '80s arcade game. Done in moderation, however, polyhedrons can modernize anything from a candlelit tablescape to a dark foyer in need of a pendant light.
- Designer Oji Masanori and 114-year old Japanese foundry Futagami collaborated on these lovely brass paperweights. $78 a piece at Muhs Home.
- An origami vase that would make a stylish housewarming gift. $29 at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego.
- A steel pendant light that would look perfect in a small bathroom. $275 (normally $350 ) at Restoration Hardware.
- A pair of chic candlesticks to brighten any room. $36.50 a pair at UrbanAnalog's Etsy store.
- This stunning LED light by designer Bec Brittain is the only art you'll need wherever it's hung (and you can hang it whatever direction you want). $12,000 at Bec Brittain.
(Images: As lInked above)