Perhaps it snows for half of the year where you are. Maybe the thought of cleaning a pool, week in and week out, makes your skin crawl. Could be that you rent. Or you just can't afford one. There are so many reasons for not having a pool, but so few that really mean your kids (or you!) need to miss out on the fun of splashing around in the backyard all summer. Bring on the inflatable pools!
1. The Intex Rainbow Ring Pool Play Center is a great toddler wading space, with loads of cool features: a slide, and a place to roll balls and find and hang rings. $41.84 from Amazon.
2. If you are looking for a more simple design, then the Family Swim Center, also from Intex, is for you. This is a whole family pool, with space for decent splashing by multiple kids, or a chill out space for Mom and Dad. $29.99 on Amazon.
3. Another big family sized pool is the Summer Escapes Octagonal Pool. Over 9 feet by 9 feet, and complete with cupholders, this could be a good option for teens to hang out in. $39.97 from Walmart.
4. At the complete other end of the spectrum is this small pool specifically for a baby's water play: the Sun Smart Baby Hideaway Pool. Its built in sun shade is perfect for taking care of baby's skin. $17.99 from Toys R Us.
5. For a huge splurge, what about this Swim Time Inflatable Spa for Mom and Dad? This one takes a decent amount of time to set up, so planning ahead is required. However, it comes with a cover so you can keep it set up the whole weekend. $559.00 from Amazon.
To keep your inflatable pool going all summer long, choose a grassy spot of lawn free from branches or rocks. Keep pets and sharp toys away from the pool, and store out of the sun. Don't forget to clean it after each use: just a few squirts with the hose and a wipe down to clear any leaves, grass or dirt is sufficient.
(Images: as linked above)