Fall is upon us! Where I live, the days are already shorter, and it is certainly getting colder! Before it gets too cold (or dark) make sure your home is ready for energy efficiency and safety. We gave you some tips yesterday, and here a few more to add...
Here's are some of the best:
- Install solar accent lights outside your home or finally buy a motion detecting light, now that it's getting dark earlier, make walking up to your front door a bit easier, and safer.
- If you're going away for an extended period of time, turn off your water heater to save energy - might as well turn off your main water line too, just in case.
- Get your heater serviced, if it's been a while, before the first cold spell hits both for comfort, safety and efficiency.
- Have your chimney cleaned, mainly for safety.
- Stock up on sweaters and see how long you can hold off on turning on your heater.
- Take one last visit to the farmers market, to get your pumpkin and groceries for Thanksgiving before they close for the year.
See more energy saving ideas at GreenHandUsa.