We gave you some tips yesterday, and here a few more to add... Last year, we put together a list on how to Green Your Fall. Green Hand USA has also put together a few ideas on how to save energy this Fall. Here's are some of the best:
- Install solar accent lights outside your home or finally buy a motion detecting light, now that it's getting dark earlier, make walking up to your front door a bit easier, and safer.
- If you're going away for an extended period of time, turn off your water heater to save energy - might as well turn off your main water line too, just in case.
- Get your heater serviced, if it's been a while, before the first cold spell hits both for comfort, safety and efficiency.
- Have your chimney cleaned, mainly for safety.
- Stock up on sweaters and see how long you can hold off on turning on your heater.
- Take one last visit to the farmers market, to get your pumpkin and groceries for Thanksgiving before they close for the year.