Once they start moving, you'd better be ready! That's why we're checking out safety gates in our Top Ten. No, they're not the prettiest thing you'll buy, but they are vital, and hopefully we found a few that will blend in to your home.
Let us know if you have a favorite we've missed!
- Homebrew Safety Gate (above) - This one is homemade. We can't vouch for the safety, but it's pretty and it might inspire some of your DIY parents.
- The Everywhere Safety Gate - This one has clear panels to satisfy their curiosity, $57.99.
- Kiddy Guard Retractable Baby Safety Gate - This may be our favorite. The polyester mesh gate easily retracts when guests are over, $109.95.
- Kidco Safeway Baby Gate - Imported from Denmark - oooh, and swings in either direction, $59.99.
- Angle-Mount Wood Safeway Gate - Flexible installation for top or bottom of stairs or doorways, $85.99.
- Evenflo Pressure Mounted Gate - Extra wide with nylon and mesh panel, $38.95.
- Safety First Perfect Fit Gate - One hand lock with translucent panel, $34.99.
- Pressure Mounted Safety Gate with Alarm - Yes, you can turn the alarm off when you don't need it, $69.99.
- Evenflo Top of the Stair Gate - Simple Wood Design, $34.99.
- Stairway Swing Gate - All wood - swings both ways, $39.95.
(Re-Edited from 2007-10-9- CB)