Marimekko is always a little bit hard to track in the US. They have their hand in a bunch of different places — concept shops, Crate & Barrel, and several scattered retailers all carry their lines, but the aesthetic is unmistakable. Jumping from store to store, we pieced together a solid overview of the Finnish design house's 2010 holiday line. They've re-released a bunch of classic fabrics and patterns in new purples, pinks, and oranges that have a decidedly psychedelic-sixties-Verner-Panton sensibility.
Since fabrics are their strong point, the collection includes tea towels, tablecloths, bedspreads, and off-the-bolt textiles. There are also some new trays and tabletop items, and Crate & Barrel — who has an expanding partnership with the Finns — carries a few exclusive things like wrapping paper and textiles from the new purple "Fandango" line.
To see the full Marimekko 2010 holiday catalog, click here.
MARIMEKKO 2010 HOLIDAY DECOR
• Kuusikolmio Fabric, $43 per repeat at AlwaysMod
• Karhut Bears Tea Towel Set, $24 at AlwaysMod
• Hevonen Horse Tea Towel Set, $24 at AlwaysMod
• Lumimarja Red Tea Towel Set, $29 at AlwaysMod
• Red/Purple Unikko Fabric, $43 at AlwaysMod
• Marimekko Nanuk Fabric, $52 per repeat at AlwaysMod
• Kanteleen Kutsu Cards and Envelopes, $24 at AlwaysMod
• Napakettu Fabric, $42 per repeat at AlwaysMod
• Marimekko Fandango Gift Wrap, $8 at Crate & Barrel
• Marimekko Fandango Tablecloth, $55 at Crate & Barrel
MORE HOLIDAY SNEAK PEEKS 2010
• Marimekko's Pink and Purple Holiday Haze
• Anthropologie's Animal Themed Boho Christmas
• Silver & Gold at Pottery Barn
• IKEA Goes Red, White, & Blue
• West Elm Holiday Collection by David Stark