When readers graciously invite us into their homes to take House Tour photographs, it's always an additional treat if they have a furry friend running around to include in the shots. Yesterday, we featured a roundup of some of our favorite pictures of dogs from the past year - and today we happily share ten adorable pics of cats from 2010.
Cats are notoriously known for being individual creatures, and when we photograph for House Tours, these finicky felines always add a much welcomed dash of personality to every shot they happen to be in. Whether they are snoozing away, regally perched on a chair, or graciously giving a heart-melting look straight into the camera, these cats and kittens have made the experience of documenting House Tours wonderfully unpredictable and truly delightful this past year. As a small homage to the ever-entertaining cat, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite photos of these fantastic pets (check out the six-toed cats from Ernest Hemingway's house!) from some of our most beloved tours of 2010.
1. Katherine and Jem’s Haphazard Collectedness
2. Elizabeth and Daniel’s Bright, Bold & Narrow Row Home
3. Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
4. Jesse & Leia’s Inspired Americana Bungalow
5. Kim and Scott’s Happy “Yellow Brick Home”
6. Krista & Will’s Compact Contemporary
7. Meg and Brad’s Student Sanctuary
8. Shontelle and Dave’s Controlled Kitsch
9. Teri and Evan’s Blue Velvet Home
10. Trish’s North Portland Nest
Images: as linked above