Did you know it's national small business week? According to the USSBA, there are an estimated 27.2 million small businesses in America, and "more than half of Americans either own or work for a small business. They also create 60-80 percent of new jobs in the country." Here's a shout-out to all the designers, stores, services, blogs, and mags that make up the small businesses in our industry! More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Happy National Small Business Week!
• Rich, Brilliant & Willing Win ICFF New Designer Award | Apartment Therapy
• NYSID gives honorary degrees to Graves and Oka Doner | Editor at Large
• Taschen's New Essential Encyclopedia of Photographers | Architectural Digest
• Michael Bierut on Seven Things Designers Can Learn from Stand Up Comics | Design Observer