We're at the half-way week! Tips for week four: 1) If you're having a tough time, try scaling back. 2) Figure out your most important priorities for the Cure, make a plan to get them done, and don't worry as much about completing every single task. 3) Envision your Week 8 party as a finishing point, and keep a picture in your mind of your Cured space. 4) Share your struggles with your fellow Curers. 5) List your accomplishments, and give yourself credit for what you've completed! 6) In the comments below, tell us how you're feeling mid-Cure and what your biggest accomplishment has been so far.
Week Four Assignment (Deep Treatment): We're tackling the living room, including media and books. I'm usually pretty good at decluttering, but I have a hard time when it comes to books. Thankfully, the Outbox has helped. Just leaving them in there for a little while eases the separation anxiety. (Look for a post later today on tips for donating and recycling all the stuff you have in your Outbox right now.)
Week Four Assignment (One-Room Workout): This week we start our shopping lists. Be extremely selective about what you add to your list. Bringing a ton of new stuff into your home can significantly add to your clutter and throw you off-track if you're not careful. There are a few posts in the archives that we think can help as you shop for new pieces for your home:
• Our entire Flickr Pool is going strong.
• Alana used a wall-mounted paper towel rack in the bathroom to fit her small space.
• elisaruth wants suggestions on what to do with the dining room chandelier.
• miss e is looking for bedroom paint color ideas.
• minhus got rid of some of the tupperware crowding her stove cabinet.
• merskine is ready to take down her window insulation film.
• thefarmersdaughter is hard at work on her son's room.
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Three - Weekend
• CHI Spring Cure: Mid-Way Through Week Three
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Three
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Two - Weekend
• CHI Spring Cure: Mid-Way Through Week Two
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Two
• CHI Spring Cure: Week One - Weekend
• CHI Spring Cure: Mid-Way Through Week One
• CHI Spring Cure: Week One
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Zero - Weekend
• CHI Spring Cure: Official Sign-Up
• CHI Spring Cure: Week Zero