• Designer Tag Sale
• Giant Robot Biennale 2
• Amenity Home Fall Savings and Sample Sale
• 45 THREE SALE
• Kartell Lighting Sale
• The Sixth Annual Halloween Mourning Tours
• Boom Studio Frame and Accessories Sale
• Lightshow West
• Visual Acoustics at the Nuart
• Sanrio 'Three Apples' Exhibit
• Open House: Diva Zappa at Henry Road
Jump below for more information...
• Designer Tag Sale: Co-organized by AT contributor Vanessa De Vargas, The Designer Tag Sale is an upscale interior designer yard/tag sale hosted by Keri Shrimpton that will feature over ten of Orange County and Los Angeles' top designers selling items from their personal inventories including small furniture such as side-tables, lamps, rugs, pillows, art, accessories and more at incredibly low prices! At our tag sales nothing is over $200, and prices run as low as $5.
466 East 18th St.,
Costa Mesa, 92627
Saturday, October 24, 10am-2pm
• Giant Robot Biennale 2 Art Exhibition and Celebration: come celebrate 15 years of Giant Robot magazine, galleries, stores and the many local/international artists whose careers they've helped to launch as one of the pivotal LA tastemakers. LA artists Souther Salazar, kozyndan and James Jean make up the 50+ included in the group show.
Japanese American National Museum
111 N Central Ave Los Angeles, 90012
Saturday, October 24, 6pm-10pm
• Amenity Home Fall Savings: save 20% off any item sitewide, including the sustainable Muir furniture collection. Just use code "fall20" at checkout. Expires November 15th. Also the linen pillow sale continues, with a limited selection of Belgian linen silkscreened pillows at discount. Also new studio opening and sample sale: 25% off any stocked item in current collection; $100 or $50 organic cotton sample duvets made from limited edition prints and test color combinations; 75% off belgian linen pillow collection. Stretched wall art samples $15-$30. Organic nursery samples $15-$60. Samples from holiday table linen collection $20-40.
New studio is located at:
453 S. Spring Street, Studio 918
Los Angeles, 90013
• 45 Three Modern Vintage Home Sale: a huge fall sale with prices slashed on a wide selection of vintage furnishings.
1051 1/2 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, 90035
Saturday, October 24, 8am-4pm
• Kartell Lighting Sale: I (Love) Kartell Lights is a limited time event in celebration of Kartell's unique assortment of lighting products that can fit seamlessly into any home. All lighting products purchased from October 24 through November 15, 2009 will be discounted by 15%
Kartell Flagship Store Los Angeles
313 North Robertson Boulevard
• The Sixth Annual Halloween Mourning Tours: Enjoy creepy happenings at Heritage Square Museum at its Sixth Annual Halloween and Mourning Tours. Learn all about death and mourning etiquette during the Victorian era and participate in a funeral inside one of our historic homes.
3800 Homer Street
Los Angeles, 90031
Saturday and Sunday, October 24 and 25, 12 to 4 pm
• Boom Studio Frame and Accessories Sale: save on a selection of tables, picture frames and other home accessories.
1933 South Broadway Suite 128
Los Angeles, 90007
• Lightshow West: For industry folks…LightShow/West is the ONLY trade show and conference specifically created for ALL west coast specifiers of lighting products. We work with the local Lighting Representatives to bring commercial, architectural and high design lighting specifiers together with the product manufacturers. Over 175 exhibitors.
Los Angeles Convention Center
• Visual Acoustics at the Nuart: Narrated by Dustin Hoffman, Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of this brilliant artist and highlights not only the iconic images that made the man, but the magnetic character behind those images. Shulman captured the work of virtually every modern architect since the 1930s, including Frank Lloyd Wright, Richard Neutra, John Lautner and Frank Gehry. His work epitomized the singular beauty of Southern California's modernist movement and ushered modern architecture into the American mainstream. This fascinating portrait is a testament both to the evolution of modern architecture and to the joyful, whip-smart gentleman who captured its indelible images.
• 'Three Apples' Exhibit: In honor of Hello Kitty's 35th Anniversary celebration, SANRIO, Inc. is bringing an exclusive one-of-a-kind event to the U.S. like nothing America has ever seen before. "Three Apples" (the title refers to Hello Kitty's precise weight) will be a multi-dimensional exhibition and celebration of all things Hello Kitty running from October 23, 2009 to November 15, 2009 in Los Angeles. The event will be taking place at Los Angeles' famed Royal/T, a visually stunning and playful 10,000-square-foot art exhibition space, retail store, and Japanese "cosplay" maid café, located within Culver City's vibrant arts community. The various events within the three-week exhibit will be open to the public, and free of charge – all celebrating this beloved pop icon!
• Open House: Diva Zappa at Henry Road: The walls of Henry Road are adorned with the wonderful artwork of Diva Zappa. Her colorful bold insanities combine mutations of her photographs of knitting and musicians with incredible embroidery and handstitched wool woven across the surface. Come join a celebration of wool and wine.
3949 Laurelgrove Ave,
Studio City, 91604
Thursday, October 22 from 5-8 PM