A "Do-It-Yourselfer" is my favorite kind of friend. They can take a pile of fabric or a bucket of paint and turn it into something amazing, and I always I prefer to give them gifts that might inspire them to make and create. Here are a bunch of fun ideas in all price ranges that might delight a crafty, design-loving pal. Row One:
1. Washi tape comes in tons of different patterns and designs and can be used to tape a gift, or create a one-of-a-kind project. This three pack, available from the Felt and Wire Shop is $8.95.
2. Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney. The popular blog is now a book with Home Sneek Peeks, projects and ideas. $35 on Amazon
3. Mini Motza Kit on Make Cheese's Etsy. Makes fresh mozzarella 8 times for $19.95.
4. Grow your own herbs with Herbs: Seed Bombs from Anthropologie, $6.
5. Now in metal! Wide-Angle La Sardina Metal Edition Lomography Camera from the Lomography Shop, USA. $179
6. Maybe your friend will stitch you up a great mini-quilt with the Across the Pond Collection Bundle from Purl Soho, $35.20
7. Hip ideas for wall decor in Stencil Decor 101 by Ed Roth, $24.95 from Amazon.
8. Bring the mix tape back with the Mix Tape Stamp Activity Kit from Yellow Owl Workshop, $19.
9. Definitely check out the unfortunately named but completely awesome, Whitey (white board) Paint. $75 for 30 sq feet.
Images: as credited above.