Name: Wren (4) & Owen (17 months)
Location: San Diego, CA
We wanted to create a room that reflected our daughter's personality while staying somewhat gender neutral, since our kids will have to share a room eventually. I did not want to have to redecorate again when our son moves in with our daughter, all I want to do is add another bed!Our daughter suggested the colors and specifically requested stripes. I painted the entire room while my husband was away on a business trip and my kids were asleep at night. The key to doing the stripes yourself is Frog tape and really taking your time measuring. I tend to want to see things done NOW and being patient with the measuring and prep work paid off.
My favorite part of the room would have to be the book racks by her bed — they are decorative for me, yet so useful for her since her books are literally at her fingertips when she is in bed and would like to read.
• Paint: Dolphin Fin by Behr, Citrus by Behr
• Bed: Ikea - Gulliver Toddler Bed
• Bookcase: Target - Jenny Lind Bookcase
• Dresser: Land Of Nod - Jenny Lind Dresser
• Rug: Urban Outfitters
• Light Fixture: Ikea - Ottava pendant lamp
• Lamp: Homegoods
• ABC Print: Land of Nod
• Animal Wall Prints: Urban Outfitters
• Large Wall Shelf: Land of Nod - Straight and Narrow Wall Rack
• Bedding: Sheets - Pottery Barn Kids, Standard Pillowcases - Target, Small pillows- Etsy
• Garland: Land Of Nod
• Curtains: Target
• Yosemite Print: Reproduction print of Yosemite Valley Pictorial Map by Jo Mora (1931)
• Book ledges by bed: Ikea - "Ribba" shelf
• California Print: Wrapping paper from Paper Source, framed
Thanks Cindy, well done!
(Images: reader Cindy)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE