If that sum sounds absolutely insane to you, you're not alone — we're betting most people would agree. But ColorWare seems to be doing quite well for themselves and continues to offer a line of custom-colored Apple products for the person looking to standout from the crowd of "black" or "white"...
The latest from ColorWare is the iPhone 5 at a shocking starting price of $1,700. The price includes an off contract iPhone, but that's still something like a $1,000 paint job!
ColorWare will add some flavor to other tech, not just Apple products. They list offerings such as Beats headphones, Blackberries, and even Xbox 360s and Leica cameras.
You can customize many of the different parts of each product, making the finished product as tasteful or as gaudy as you'd like. For this kind of money it's all about getting it exactly as you want, no matter your tastes.
MORE COLORWARE ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• ColorWare Done Right: 10 Proper Examples
• Colorware: The Way to Make Your Gadgets Unique
• Customize Your New iPad With ColorWare
• Colorware Guitar Hero Guitars
• Losing a Grip on Reality: Colorware Grip
• ColorWare Ready to Supply Custom HDTVs