With so many recycled options, potting stations can easily be achieved on a budget too. Let's take a look...
1. The DIY kings at Sunset magazine created an awesome potting shelf out of recycled ladders— double green! Check out the full details at Sunset Mag.
2. An outdoor cocktail table— slatted teak or metal ones work well — can be repurposed as a mini potting station, hold essentials and look classy too.
3. Use a flea market cabinet to keep gardening supplies safe from the elements. Sturdy hard woods can often withstand years of exposure, but you can also coat the exterior in marine floor paint for added protection.
4. & 5. The talented Kristina of Lovely Morning blog created her potting bench out of a thrifted table and wooden crates from flea markets. Check out more details on her blog.
6. Craft a simple outdoor shelf out of a wooden plank and no-frills hardware store brackets for an instant potting station fit for nearly any exterior wall.
7. Perhaps a little too country for most, but I love the vintage feel of this wagon turned gardening station. Scrap wood was used for shelves and old screen door springs were used as lips to keep supplies from falling off.
(Re-edited from a post originally published on 6.18.2010 - CM)