While not as iconic as those on Mad Men, we've been taking note of the interiors of AMC's new show, Rubicon. The spaces are almost oppressively dark and masculine, but there's something we can't help but find appealing about the stuffy men's club aesthetic.
From Will Travers' slightly scruffy studio to the file-filled offices of API where conspiracies are unravelled to the inner sanctums of the elite power players, the show paints a man's world that is inscrutable and seemingly indestructible. Here is a roundup of a few classic pieces, inspired by the puzzling world of Rubicon.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT:
• Marie Dining Chair from Room & Board
• Arteriors Nome Silver Swing Arm Desk Lamp from Lamps Plus
• Helvetica Clock from MSC Industrial Supply Co.
• Artisan Leather Chess Set from Restoration Hardware
• Vintage Steel File Cabinet from McDowell & Craig
• World Globe Bar from Overstock.com
• Wells Leather Sofa from Room & Board
• World Political Map from National Geographic
Visit AMC's Rubicon website for more about the show.
Images: 1-4 - AMC, 5 - Collage by Sarah Rainwater