1. The clean lines of the furniture in this bedroom on Behance are complimented by a warm hardwood floor and intricate brocade wallpaper in subtle, neutral colors. Project and photo by Serj Rubalevsky.
3. My favorite! This more modern bedroom combines dark walls in Farrow & Ball Mahogany No. 36 with a mohair velvet headboard, beautifully-woven rug and playfully-patterned curtains. Photo from House Beautiful (July 2008), design by Moises Esquenazi.
4. This room appeared on Apartment Therapy before, and I can't get it out of my head! I must know where the colorful, pixelated throw blanket is from. The pairing of the throw's complimentary colors to that of the painting behind the bed make my head spin (in a good way)! From The Hunt Beautiful.
5. This is a great example of using the same color in competing patterns, with a stenciled accent wall and duvet. Trims of blue ground the patterns and open the space. Photo from Southern Living by Laurey W. Glenn and Robbie Caponetto, styling by Matthew Gleason.
6. This room plays the opposite card. Subtle wood paneling in a soft green, various fabrics plus a hold chevron, black and white pop illustrate the use of patterns in small doses. The black and white duvet harmonizes the pillow and the chandelier wraps it all up in a pretty package, doesn't it? Photo from Southern Living by Helen Norman.
(Images: as linked above).